Healthy sleep has a direct impact on the physical as well as mental health. A sound sleep at night keeps your mind fresh and helps in maintaining good health.
Various factors add up to give you a good and healthy sleep, like mental relaxation, a comfortable bed, a bit of tiredness, no noise, moderate temperature, and of course, a good pillow.
If you are looking for the best latex pillow for side sleepers – you are at the right place.
A Healthy pillow for healthy sleep…!
In getting a peaceful sleep, a pillow of good filling material has a huge share. Until your head does not rest on a comfortable pillow, the whole body will follow the discomfort and will remain disturbed all night. As a result, you will have a sleepless night and will wake up in the morning to have a tiring day.
There are various pillows with different filling materials available in the market. Every material has its distinctive features but all have one aim, to provide comfort.
In this regard, Latex pillow filling stands out being one of the best filling materials to provide a comfortable sleep, especially for the side sleepers.
What is Latex?
Latex is a soft material that is commonly used in the manufacturing of gloves, toys, rubber bands, and paint after processing in the factories.
Latex is also frequently used worldwide for filling the mattresses, pillows, cushions, and other products as it is a very soft and soothing material. Latex is a filling material that is obtained from the sap of the rubber trees. When it is filled in a pillow, it gives a cooling effect accompanied by breathability, softness, resilience, and durability. As a result, the best latex pillow for side sleepers is obtained.
Methods of obtaining Latex
Latin can be obtained using two methods; Talalay or Dunlop.
- In the Talalay method, a mold is filled partially and then sealed. It creates gas in the mold that helps to disperse the Latex in the mold. The foam formed by this method is lighter, softer, and breathable and provides the best Talalay latex pillows.
- In the process of Dunlop, the Latex in liquid form is poured in the mold and then heated. It forms a dense foam.
Categories of Latex material
Latex can be divided into the following categories in terms of its material.
- Natural Latex
Natural Latex pillows are 100% natural, hypoallergenic, dust mite, and allergens resistance.
- 2. Synthetic Latex
Synthetic Latex has similar properties of Latex at affordable prices. They can have an unfamiliar smell.
- 3. Blended Latex
Blended Latex is a mixture of natural and Synthetic Latex. It is a good choice for people who cannot afford natural Latex or synthetic ones.
Categories of Latex Form
In terms of form, Latex has 2 categories.
Shredded Latex is a form of pillow that provides reasonable airflow. It is a plush pillow that makes the pillow adjustable and shapable.
The solid Latex pillows are dense pillows that ensure breathability.
Best Latex Pillows for Side Sleepers
The above intro to the Latex fill material in detail brings us to the point where we are going to discuss the best Latex pillows for side sleepers. Although latex pillows are available for all sleeping positions, here we are discussing the latex pillows for the most common sleep position, side sleeping.
- Queen Size
- Oatmeal Color
- 1.8 pounds
- Measures 27.5x17x6 inches
- The Sleep Artisan Luxury Latex pillow for side sleepers is filled with a blend of natural latex and microfiber poly silk material.
- This pillow has a special curved design to adjust with the shoulder of a side sleeper.
- The pillow is customizable and you can adjust the filling to get your needed loft.
- The latex used in this pillow is hypoallergenic and provides resistance against dust mite, bed bugs, and microbes.
- The pillow fill material is free from toxicants, off-gassing chemicals, and flame retardants.
- The Sleep Artisan latex pillow is encased in organic cotton, poly, or hemp cover.
- This pillow is available in Oatmeal color with Queen size.
- It is certified from Oeko Tex 100.
- 3 sizes
- Pinhole design
- Natural color
- The Organic Textiles Talalay Latex pillows are made from 100% natural latex.
- These soft pillows give a cloud-like feeling to all the sleepers especially the side sleepers.
- These best organic latex pillows provide a plush soft lofty support to the body from soft to firm, without getting flat.
- These hypoallergenic pillows provide resistance against the dust mite and mild dew.
- The pinhole design of the pillow makes it well ventilated, cool, and breathable.
- The pillow is available in 3 sizes, Standard, Queen, and King.
- It comes in natural color with a pure cotton cover.
- The pillow is enclosed in a removable and washable zipper cover.
- It is an eco-friendly pillow, certified by GOTS.
- Pack of 2
- 3 sizes
- Pinhole design
- Simmons Beautyrest pillow is made from 100% natural latex.
- These are extra soft latex pillows that provide extra firm support to the head and the body for a comfortable night’s sleep for the side sleepers.
- The pillow has a pinhole design that keeps the pillow cool and breathable.
- This hypoallergenic pillow features anti-microbial properties that ensure cleanliness.
- Simmons Beautyrest pillow comes in a pack of 2.
- It is available in 3 sizes, standard 18 inches x 26 inches, Queen 18 inches x 29 inches, and King 18 inches x 36 inches.
- The latex pillow is enclosed in a satin zippered washable cover.
- 3 sizes
- Natural color
- 3.89 pounds
- This Sleep Artisan pillow is filled 100% natural and organic latex.
- This is a soft and well supportive pillow that prevents turning and tossing at night and gives comfortable sleep to all sleepers including the side sleepers.
- This hypoallergenic provides resistance against the microbes and dust mites.
- No chemicals, toxicants, flame retardants, or off-gassing chemicals have been used in the manufacturing of these pillows.
- The pillow comes in natural color with adjustable filling with a zipper cover.
- It is available in 3 sizes of standard, Queen, and King.
- Thin profile
- Pinhole technology
- Standard 24×16 inches
- 1.19 pounds
- The Elite Rest Slim sleeper pillow is an ultra-thin and lightweight pillow made from natural latex.
- The natural latex used in this thin pillow of 2.75 inches thickness, provides perfect medium firmness and support for the spine and helps in reducing snoring, back, and neck pain as well.
- The pillow is for all sleepers. Its spine alignment makes it a wonderful pillow for the side sleepers and the thin profile makes it ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
- The pinhole technology keeps the pillow well ventilated and cool.
- The fill material is hypoallergenic, durable, and chemical-free and has a natural resistance for fungus, microbes, mildew, and dust mites.
- This pillow is available in only standard size measuring 24x16x2.75 inches.
- The fill material is encased in a pure cotton cover that is removable and washable.
- Micro cushion
- 3 sizes
- Organic Latex shredded pillow is an elegant and luxurious product of Organic Textiles.
- It is filled with the high quality organic shredded latex certified by GOTS.
- The shredded latex is highly flexible and resilient to adapt the body shape and provide complete micro cushion support to it.
- This GOTS certified shredded latex pillow is hypoallergenic, free from off-gassing chemicals, toxins, and allergens.
- This pillow is eco-friendly and has an adjustable loft to get the desired comfort.
- It is available in 3 sizes. Standard 20 x 26 inches, Queen 20 x 32 inches, King 20 x 36 inches.
- This organic latex pillow comes in a zippered, 100% premium cotton cover.
- Wedge pillow
- 3 sizes
- High loft pillow
- Remedy for several health issues
- 3 pounds
- Washable Organic Cotton Cover
- Brentwood Home presents this latex therapeutic wedge pillow for better support.
- The pillow has a base of therapeutic foam with an additional layer of organic latex to provide a comfortable sleep position to the side sleepers.
- This pillow can be used as a trunk stabilizer fro the side sleepers.
- The gradual slope of this pillow elevates the body and helps in reducing many health issues like acid reflux, snoring, Hiatal hernias, poor blood, and air circulation, and back and neck problems.
- This wedge pillow is available in 3 heights, 8”, 11”, and 13” to get the required angle of elevation.
- This pillow is also recommended by doctors for the patients recovering from surgeries.
- This wedge pillow is encased in an organic cover knit cover with a cotton ball design. This cover is removable and washable.
Benefits of Latex
Sleeping with the best Latex pillow for side sleepers enables you to enjoy the following benefits.
- Natural Cooling
Organic Latex tends to have a natural cooling effect. Shredded Latex is even cooler in comparison to normal Latex. The shreds allow more air to circulate through the pillow, protect heat retention, and make it highly breathable and cooling latex pillows.
- Pressure Relief
The Latex pillows have the quality to provide comfortable support to the body that helps in reducing body pains and the pressure points.
Latex is a natural material that is hypoallergenic and eco-friendly. Latex has a natural resistance against allergens like microbes, dust mite, and mildew. This pillow is a good option for those who are concerned about both eco-friendliness and health.
- Bouncing Effect
Latex is obtained from a rubber tree and has a natural elasticity and bouncing effect in it. When used in a pillow, latex prevents the feeling of sinking with its bounce and makes the head to rest properly on the pillow.
Being natural and eco-friendly, the best Latex pillows for side sleepers has more durability as compared to other pillow fill materials. It can last up to 5 years which is quite reasonable. Dunlop latex has even more durability than Talalay.
Consequences of Latex
Apart from its benefits, there are some consequences that the user may face while using the best Latex pillows for side sleepers.
As latex is obtained naturally from a rubber tree, the smell of rubber coming from the pillow fill material is the major complaint from the users. This smell is not permanent and gets vanished after some days of usage.
Being 100% natural and luxurious, Latex tends to be more expensive than the other pillows. The pillow cost ranges from $100 to $300 which is worth getting a comfortable sleep.
Latex is denser, prevents the sinking effect, and bounces the head back to lay flat on the pillow. That is why the users who have been using soft pillows like down, feel difficulty in adjusting with a Latex pillow in the beginning.
Did you know that your pillows can be the cause of wrinkles?