Sleeping is not easy for everyone and it gets even more difficult if you are suffering from an ailment or some kind of pain. The pains or ailments can make your body uncomfortable and you cannot lay in the bed with your pillows like you normally do.
We researched the best of the best products: Best Pillows for Sciatica nerve pain
Sciatica Nerve Pain
One such pain that makes you quite uncomfortable is the sciatica nerve pain.
Sciatic nerve branches from the lower back of the body, through the hips, buttocks and goes down each leg. The sciatica pain originates from this sciatic nerve and usually affects only one side of the body.
This pain radiates when the sciatic nerve is compressed by a herniated disk, narrowing of the spine, or bone spur on the spine.
The following symptoms are the hallmark of sciatica nerve pain.
- The compression of sciatic nerve results in pain, inflammation, or numbness in the affected leg and body side.
- The pain can be mild or sharp.
- Sometimes, the pain is like an electric shock or a jolt.
- The pain gets worst due to cough or sneeze.
- Prolonged sitting can aggravate the pain.
- Muscle weakness and tingling are also observed in sciatic nerve pain.
Many factors can become a cause for originating the sciatica nerve pain.
- Aging:With growing age, the spine undergoes many changes like bone spurs and herniated disks. These are the major causes of sciatic nerve pain.
- Occupation:Occupations that require twisting the back more, lifting heavy loads, and driving for long periods can also become a cause of sciatic nerve pain.
- Obesity:Overweight or obesity can lay stress on the spine. As a result, the spine gets vulnerable to spine issues like sciatica nerve pain.
- Diabetes:Diabetes brings about various changes in functioning of the body. The changes in the usage of sugar in the body directly affects the nerves and causes sciatic nerve pain.
- Long sittings:Long sitting positions whether at home or work are prone to have sciatic nerve pain more than normal people.
How to deal with Sciatica Nerve pain?
Lying on the bed with the sciatica pain is not going to work. Rather it might intensify the pain if not cured properly. Sciatic pain is sometimes worse in the morning as lying on the bed with wrong sleeping position makes sciatic pain severe in the morning.
People suffering from sciatic nerve pain should visit a doctor and follow instructions and take medication as well. In addition to this, there is another practical solution suggested by many orthopedicians to deal with this deadly pain- the right pillows.
Best pillows for Sciatica Nerve Pain
The best pillows for sciatica nerve pain can serve to provide relief from this awful pain. Different kinds of pillows and cushions have been introduced to put your body in such a position that it reduces chances of sciatic nerve pain. These pillows include orthopedic pillows for sciatica, leg pillows for sciatica, knee pillows for sciatica, car seat pillows for sciatica, therapeutic sciatica pillows, sciatica wedge pillows and seat cushions for buttock pain.
All of these pillows for sciatic nerve pain have been designed with quality materials that ensure to take away the pain and let the body relax.
The following is the collection of the best pillows for sciatic nerve pain.
- Orthopedic design
- No-slip rubber bottom
- Premium Memory foam
- Heat responsive technology
- 1 size
- 5 colors
- 1.85 pounds
- This Everlasting Comfort seat cushion is a relaxing pillow for sitting with sciatica pain.
- The orthopedic design of this cushion is best to alleviate the pressure in strategic body areas.
- This is the best pillow for sciatica nerve pain to use for the office chair or car seat.
- 100% premium quality memory foam is used in this seat cushion which improves the body posture and relieves the back pains, sciatica nerve pains, and the tailbone pain.
- The cushion has the latest heat-responsive technology that responses to the heat of the body and molds following the shape of the bottom.
- The cushion has a non-slip rubber bottom that gives a firm sitting and prevents from slipping from the cushion.
- This cushion is lightweight, portable, and available in 5 colors.
- The cushion is available in one standard size measuring 17.5×13.5×2.75 inches.
- It comes in a removable and machine washable cover.
2.ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion – Non-Slip – Sciatica & Back Pain Relief- Best Seat Cushion For Sciatica Nerve Pain
- Gel Memory foam
- Plush firmness
- Non-slip rubber bottom
- Light Grey
- 1.45 pounds
- ComfiLife Gel Enhanced seat cushion is one of the best seat cushions available in the market.
- The gel memory foam used in this seat cushion has a high density and plush firmness that provides exceptional comfort and support to the body and relieves all the back pains, sciatica nerve pain, and other spinal issues.
- The gel absorbs the body heat and gives off a cooling effect for a comfortable sitting position even for a long time.
- The ergonomic design of this seat cushion has an anti-slip rubber bottom that keeps the cushion in place and prevents slipping off.
- This seat cushion is available in light grey color and comes in a standard size measuring 17.6×13.8×2.75 inches.
- This light-weight seat cushion is easy to carry and comes in a valor zippered cover that is machine washable and has a built-in handle to carry.
3.Modvel Seat Cushion for Lower Back Pain, Tailbone, Coccyx & Sciatica Relief- Best Seat Cushion For Buttock Pain
- Pure Memory Foam
- Black Velvet
- 1.4 pounds
- Modvel seat cushion is high-quality pure memory foam, breathable, and soft cushion.
- This seat cushion improves the body posture, regulates the blood circulation, relaxes the pinching nerves, and relieves the pressure points that cause sciatica nerve pains.
- This butterfly designed seat cushion is best to use indoor and outdoor whether on an office chair, car seat, plane seat, wheelchair, kitchen chair, or a dining chair.
- This cushion is also ideal to use for yoga and meditation sitting postures.
- This memory foam seat cushion is infused with green tea that naturally prevents the buildup of bacteria inside the cushion material and keeps the cushion fresh and odorless.
- This lightweight cushion is portable with a carry handle and is available in black velvet machine washable cover.
- 100% premium quality Memory Foam
- Medium firmness
- Pregnancy cushion
- 9.6 ounces
- ZIRAKI knee pillow is a contour orthopedic pillow is made of 100% high-quality memory foam.
- When placed between the knees, these pillows provide a medium firmness and reduces the pressure on nerves.
- This orthopedic knee pillow provides long-lasting comfort, especially for the people suffering from sciatica nerve pain and pains in back, legs, hips, and other joints.
- The firmness of the memory foam changes with temperature. The pillow gets firm in winter and soft in warm. Room temperature ideal for medium firmness.
- This pillow can be used as a pregnancy pillow. Place between the knees, it provides better support for the bump.
- This lightweight knee pillow is available in white color and comes in a standard size of 9.8 x 6.3 x 7.9 inches.
- The cover is removable and machine washable.
- Pure Memory foam
- Curved design
- Adjustable Strap
- Lightweight 0.9 pounds
- Everlasting Comfort introduces the knee pillow made of pure memory foam.
- This high-quality knee pillow is the best pillow for sciatica nerve pain as it improves the body posture and reduces the pains aroused in knees, hips, legs, thighs, and lower back, arthritis, and bursitis.
- The knee pillow comes in an ergonomic curved design. This design helps to keep the knees separated by providing ideal spacing and support.
- The pillow is ideal for the side sleepers and is the best choice for pregnant women.
- The pillow contains an adjustable and removable strap. This keeps the knee pillow at the right place between the knees while sleeping.
- As a bonus, 2 pairs of earplugs are also included with this knee pillow. These earplugs have a noise reduction rate NNR of 33.
- The standard available size of this knee pillow measures 10.5 x 6 x 8 inches.
- The pillow cover is machine washable.
- Memory foam
- Crescent pelvic shape
- Smooth round edges
- 7 ounces
- Contour presents one of its wonderful products providing excellent support for the legs, knees, back, hips, and thighs, and reduces sciatica nerve discomfort, all in just one pillow.
- This is the best pillow for sciatica nerve pain that eliminates the pressure points caused by the touching of knees during sleep.
- This is a well-ventilated memory foam pillow with air holes to circulate the air through the pillow and keep the pillow cool.
- The contour ergonomic shape of the knee pillow allows one to bend the knees and sleep in any position.
- The pillow has a crescent pelvic shape to make it fit for the body of both men and women.
- This knee pillow is hypoallergenic and has smooth round edges to eliminate all chances of discomfort.
- This lightweight knee pillow measures 10 x 6 x 9.5 inches and is encased in a removable and washable cover.
- Visco-Elastic Memory Foam
- Smooth edges
- 0.9 pounds
- Free travel case
- The Cushy Form knee pillow is made of 100% visco-elastic memory foam.
- This knee pillow provides contour to the legs, knees, hips, back, and reduces the sciatica nerve pain
- This pillow elevates the upper knee and provides sufficient spacing between the knees required for better alignment
- Cushy Form knee pillow is recommended by many Physical Therapists, Sports Trainers, Doctors, and Chiropractors.
- With a wedge shape, this pillow provides proper spinal alignment, reduces all pressure points, and provides relief to the sciatica nerve pain
- This knee pillow helps in blood circulation and works best for the side sleepers
- Room temperature is ideal as the memory foam changes its firmness with the change in temperature.
- This lightweight knee pillow comes with a free travel case.
As far as you follow the instructions of your doctor completely, take regular exercise, adopt the best sleeping position for sciatica nerve pain, use the best pillows for sciatica pain, try to maintain right body posture while sitting or lying on the bed, and make use of good body mechanics, there are high chances to see improvement within a very short period