Comfort is the only thing that matters for you if you are pregnant. A comfortable sleep position is essential for you and the baby both. Without proper sleep position and rest, you can get exhausted and frustrated. This can affect the health of your baby.
People have different styles that they adopt while sleeping. But unfortunately, there are few options during pregnancy. The ideal position for a pregnant woman is to sleep on either side.
This becomes a critical situation for the habitual back and stomach sleepers. It becomes difficult to make sure of perfect sleep in a new sleeping style during pregnancy.
We have collected the best pregnancy pillows for stomach sleepers. These pillows help maintain the right position of the baby inside the bump. They will provide you a perfect sleep without any harm.
Lets find out why do we need a good pillow during pregnancy.
Why Pregnancy Pillow?
The main reason for a pregnancy pillow is that it ensures the safety required for the mother and the baby. During pregnancy, your sleep position matters a lot.
Without a proper pregnancy pillow, sleeping on the stomach that can be dangerous. It can lay stress on your bump . The best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleeper provides the necessary support.
It prevents from rolling over or taking positions that can harm.
Having a comfortable sleep is an essential part to have a secure and healthy pregnancy. Sleep-period during pregnancy multiplies as compared to that in normal life.
This sleep is essential for your rest and the growth of the baby. Pregnancy can be disastrous if you keep turning and tossing all night long. This can lead to waking up in the morning with several pains and aches in your body.
For a comfortable sleep position, you need to have the best pregnancy pillows for stomach sleepers. This should be suitable for any of your sleep position. It helps to meet the comfort level that is necessary for a healthy pregnancy.
Allows to sleep on the side
As said earlier, back and stomach sleep positions are dangerous for the baby’s life. Back sleeping can compress the stomach area and cut the blood supply to the baby. Stomach sleeper may roll over the bump while sleeping which can harm the baby.
So, the only recommended sleep position by the experts is the side position. The best pregnancy pillows for stomach sleepers provides you the chance to switch from your back or stomach sleep position to the side sleep position in less time. This makes sleeping comfortable and secure.
Workout on Pressure Points
While sleeping during pregnancy, you might have noticed that the body lays pressure on other body parts like hips, back, knees, and legs. This can cause severe pain.
The best pregnancy pillows for stomach sleepers provides the perfect support to the body. It eliminates the chances to build pressure points.
Best Pregnancy Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
Here are the few best pregnancy pillows for stomach sleepers available in the market that we have gathered at one place for you. These are the best stomach sleeper and non-toxic pillows.
- Polyester virgin fiber filling
- Award-winning quality
- Takes the shape of belly-bump
- Special contouring
- Grey and white color
- Boppy Slipcovered Total Body Pregnancy pillow is one piece that is enough to provide great support for the belly-bump, back, neck, head, hips, and legs.
- It possesses Award-winning Quality. This pregnancy pillow is filled with 100% Polyester virgin fiber that provides perfect support and lasts for long.
- The pillow measures about 48 inches long, 25 inches wide, and 8 inches high.
- It has a unique design and special contouring. It takes the shape of the belly-bump thus, becomes one of the best pregnancy pillows available for the stomach sleeping, pregnant women.
- It is a great pregnancy pillow to be used during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
- It is a multi-purpose pillow that can not only be used for sleeping but can also be used while sitting on a sofa or couch and maintains the support for the belly-bump.
- It has a 100% cotton zipper cover that is removable and washable in the machine with a delicate cycle at 300 C temperature.
- The pillow is available in a grey and white color design.
- The pillow weighs about 5 pounds.
- Extra ergonomic cushion
- 7D PP cotton filling
- Grey and blue-grey colors
- This is one of the best comfy pillows available for the pregnant stomach sleepers.
- It surrounds the whole body including the growing bump with soft cushioning and makes the sleep position relaxing.
- It has a 7D PP pure cotton filling that is soft and provides good support.
- It is a pregnancy pillow that offers multi-positioning. You can use it for side sleep position. If you don’t need it, remove the side and use it as a knee rest. Then, snuggle it into a C-shaped pillow allowing it to cradle your body and bump both.
- It contains an extra ergonomic pillow of 450 of angle. It helps to position the baby bump so that it lessens the stress on the back while sleeping.
- It is a cozy pillow designed for all sleep positions, side, back, and stomach.
- Other than pregnant women, it can be used by men as well who might be looking for a comfortable pillow for a perfect sleep.
- This pillow can also be used post-surgery to heal your wounds if you have got surgery of your knee, back, shoulder, spine, or hips.
- The filling is adjustable to get the desired size with a washable cover. Remove the side and use it as a knee rest. Then, snuggle into the C-shaped pillow allowing it to cradle your whole body.
- The pillow measures 60 inches and weighs about 7. 63 pounds.
- This pillow is available in grey and blue-grey colors. The pillow cover is made of odorless, soft, skin-friendly, and hypoallergenic velvet.
- 2 pillows
- 3D PP Fiber cotton filling
- Adjustable belly chamber
- Prevents chances of C-section
- Usable in a swimming pool
- It is one of the best pregnancy pillows for stomach available.
- It comes in a bundle pack of 2 maternity pillows. One for stomach sleeping and one for side sleeping.
- The side sleeping pillow is made up of 100% pure 3D PP Fiber cotton to keep the pillow cool and provide the best support to the growing bump and the back.
- The stomach sleeping pillow consists of an adjustable belly chamber with air valves, face cradle, chest section with a soft flocking filling material.
- The Cozy bump pregnancy pillow provides a decline in the leg section that helps decompress the lower back and relieves the pains and aches.
- This pillow raises the hips and lowers the legs and helps put the belly in a position where the baby moves to the optimal birthing position with its head down.
- The stomach pillow is available in pink and the side pillow in grey color.
- There is an additional Belly Swaddle with the pillows to provide additional comfort lying on the pregnancy pillows.
- You can do all the pregnancy exercises while laying on the Cozy bump stomach pillow.
- It can also be used in a swimming pool.
- It reduces the chances of C-Section and pregnancy complexities.
- The pillow weighs about 5.5 pounds which makes it easy to carry anywhere.
- The pillow cover of the side sleeping pillow is removable and washable.
- Polyfill material
- Detachable extension
- 3 different pillow shapes
- Supports 300+ washes
- PharMeDoc is a u-shaped pregnancy pillow made for all sleeping styles, especially the stomach sleepers.
- This pregnancy pillow provides supports to the growing bump, back, legs, knees, and hips and removes the discomforts of pregnancy pains and other issues like gastric reflux, fibromyalgia, and sciatica.
- This pillow contains Polyfill material that provides a perfect balance between support and comfort for the belly, hips, and back.
- PharMeDoc pregnancy pillow comes with a detachable extension. It can be used as a separate pillow or can be attached to the main pillow body for additional stomach support and back pain relief.
- With or without this extension, PharMeDoc can take three different shapes.
- This is an ideal contoured pillow that measures 53 inches long, 31 inches wide, and 7 inches high.
- This pillow can be used post-surgery to get the wounds healed easily.
- Feeding mothers can also use this pillow for breastfeeding in a comfortable position, close to their baby.
- It has a 100% pure Jersey knit cotton zipper removable cover.
- The pillow cover is washable and will remain soft and comfortable even after 300+ washes.
- The pillow weighs about 7.26 pounds.
Tips for Sleeping Positions
Pregnant women have very few options for sleep positions. But comfort and security are two factors that matter a lot during pregnancy. So, if a position can comfort you without putting your or baby’s life in danger, then you can adopt that position too.
If you are thinking “What is the healthiest sleeping position?” Let us tell you some sleep positions during pregnancy. These will let you have a peaceful and relaxing sleep. These positions do not cause any harm to you or the baby inside your belly-bump.
Sleep on your side
The side sleep position is the best-preferred position for pregnant women. Either left or right side, both are right during pregnancy. The experts recommend the left side as it regulates the blood circulation. It facilitates the flow of blood to the dependent baby.
What to do in heartburn?
The most common problem that women face during pregnancy is heartburn. In this situation, laying on back seems to bring some relief. Back sleeping is dangerous for the baby as laying flat on the back can compress the stomach and cut off the blood supply to the baby.
For a safer side, you can prop your back and the upper body with some cushions and pillows. It will prevent the stomach to compress and will provide a relaxing sleep.
None of the sleep positions is dangerous if you are not laying flat on your back or stomach. You are free to adopt any sleep positions but avoid these two positions if you want to have a safe pregnancy.
If you are habitual of sleeping flat on the back, start using pillows and cushions to lift your back and upper body. If you are a stomach sleeper, practice sleeping on the side.
Use the support of pregnancy pillows. This will help you get used to sleeping on your side which is safe.
These pillows will help you find other positions to have a comfortable sleep. All you need to keep in mind is the safety of yourself and your baby.
We hope that this review has helped you find solutions for your sleep positions during pregnancy. Select the pillow that is most comfortable for you and have a safe pregnancy!